Floor Fitter SelectionSelecting a
Selecting a Floor Fitter
We have all heard the stories about tradesmen leaving your home in a worst state than when they arrived and taking your money for it. Floorfitters.co.uk have put together this list of things you can do to help prevent this happening to you and your home.
- Think clearly about the job you require doing, the more information about the job will lead to a more accurate quotation from the floor fitter.
- Swat up a little about your chosen floor covering and some of the do's and don't's, some fitters maybe put off if you know more than them and if that's the case you don't want them anywhere near your home.
- Ask for references from your floor fitter.
- Ask them for their suppliers name and number so you may see if they are ok and have been trading a while etc.
- Ask are they a member of any trading associations?
- If possible have a look at some of their previous work to check the standards.
- Always get a few quotes as prices can vary between tradesmen.
- DO NOT pay for the work up front, some floor fitters ask for a deposit for the materials if they are going to be supplying it. But if they are just fitting wait until the job is complete before money is given.
- Always ask for a receipt.
- Always try and get a written quote before the work is carried out.
Web sites like floorfitters.co.uk use a comment/ feed back feature to help future users of a flooring company get a little peace of mind.